Three years ago today, I changed my life. Didn’t know it at the time. Thought I just bought a cool new gadget called a Bodybugg. Strapped that puppy on and haven’t taken it off since – sort of. I used to take it off at night and went to work without it – ONCE. I took it off for a long weekend – ONCE. I was ticked off at my program and rebelled and didn’t wear it ONCE. So I think, in three years, the bugg and I have been separated only 6 days? Maybe?
I should be writing something profound tonight about my transformation…
But I’m not feeling it tonight. I’m excited and grateful to be… me. Finally. The “after” pic above is from last December.
This is me a few days ago…
See that smile? That is ME after lifting. I think I did dead lifts that day. That is my favorite dead lift outfit. Three years ago, there was no such thing as a dead lift day or a favorite dead lift outfit.
What I’m especially excited about today is my continuing quest for the perfect after dinner chocolate protein smoothie…
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 1 scoop glutamine
- 2 tablespoons of casein protein (makes it thicker)
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin C powder (I believe the Vitamin C is helping my skin snap back)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (weird, I know, but I don’t eat oatmeal anymore, so I don’t have anyplace else to put my ground flax seed)
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 12 ice cubes added to the blender 4-5 at a time
- 314 calories, 45 grams protein, 16 grams carbs, 12 grams fat
This is soooooo thick and delicious and it has everything I need to grow up to be big and strong. This is my last meal of the day and I have it around 7:00 pm. Easily adjustable to be lower in carbs and fat if necessary, but I usually plan my day to allow for it.