It’s only Wednesday and this week has already been about a month long – in temptations.
It’s Teacher Appreciation Week. So far, I’ve been given…
- one Rice Krispie Bar
- two Tootsie Pops, one cherry and one blue raspberry (my favorite)
- one baggie with the makings for one smore
I ate none of these things. The Rice Krispie bar went to the kid in 1st period who jumped up and grabbed it when I tossed it out there. I gave my aide the Tootsie Pops. And the smore went to the kid in 3rd period who has the highest grade in the class. I kept the Tootsie Pops in my desk drawer over night. Couldn’t part with that blue raspberry right away.
This morning, my AP calculus class had their exam. I always make breakfast for that class before the test. Today’s menu…
- makings for breakfast burritos – eggs, bacon, sausage, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, and tortillas
- protein pancakes made with cake batter flavored Muscle Milk
- pancake toppings: maple syrup, blueberry syrup, strawberry pie filling, fresh cut strawberries, whip cream
I did pretty well resisting the urge to nibble on everything except the bacon. I had five pieces. It was early this morning and having a little extra protein and fat is OK. I wasn’t really paying attention and out of habit, I licked the spoon with the pancake batter when I was cleaning up. It was really, really good. No wonder my kids loved those pancakes. I had two more samples before I caught myself.
I don’t feel bad about the extra licks – I don’t feel guilty. It wasn’t that much. But it was a little reality check about how tough this is going to get during the next 15 weeks, 3 days, and approximately 2 hours until I get to that post-contest meal.