- It’s a daily challenge. Most days I’m enthusiastic, but there are days I need to talk myself into it.
- I have to research and plan.
- I have to implement and follow through.
- I have to reflect and adjust.
- There are a million details that will overwhelm me if I let them.
- There are plenty of people happy to offer advice, and often the suggestions are conflicting. But when it’s time to make things work, I alone have to get it done.
- There are frustrations. There are successes, and the successes can take a LONG time to see.
- It takes a lot of discipline.
- I LOVE the activity of it and I get lost in it.
- I love the people I’m around. They motivate me and inspire me.
- It’s very easy to be passionate about it.
Teaching and bodybuilding are the same for me now in all these ways. I might be the only one who sees the connections because I’ve integrated these two worlds in my life.
There are many good days.
But there are also days like today. Not a good one. Seems like whenever I feel discouraged, something happens that reminds me why I’m doing it.
Posted by a former student on Facebook today…
“Mrs. White is still an inspiration!! … miss being in her class.. I remember waiting to take precalculus just so I could be in her class:)… I should be the one thanking you because you inspire me everyday to get healthier!!” ~ Rocio
I’m a teacher and I’m a bodybuilder. And right now, I’m very grateful to be able to do both.